Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » EXP help?- resume and incrementally ? (oracle 9i , winxp)
EXP help?- resume and incrementally ? [message #303679] Sat, 01 March 2008 23:08 Go to next message
oraclewannabe
Hi i am doing an exp as an user from a 10g database recently.
I have encounter difficulty doing an export as it usually stop responding after exporting a large table in the schema , i am not sure whether is it my COMPANY VPN's fault or something to do with the RDBMS. I have to do a reconnect to the company VPN, before the network flows again.

So several thoughts has pop up while i was exporting the database

Q1) can i use a 9i exp to export a 10g database ?

Q2) is there such thing as resume for exporting, for e.g if i stop or hang at this particular point, the next time i do a exp on the same schema again, it will resume at where i stop

Q3) can someone explain to me what is inctype? can i use it for Q2 ?

THANKS YOU GUYS. any help deeply appreciated.
Re: EXP help?- resume and incrementally ? [message #303680 is a reply to message #303679] Sat, 01 March 2008 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>Q1) can i use a 9i exp to export a 10g database ?
NO

>Q2) is there such thing as resume for exporting, for e.g if i stop or hang at this particular point, the next time i do a exp on the same schema again, it will resume at where i stop
NO

>Q3) can someone explain to me what is inctype? can i use it for Q2 ?
NO

I think Oracle got rid of inctype in 9i. Here's what I get when I try to use it exporting a table: EXP-00041 INCTYPE parameter is obsolete ...

Re: EXP help?- resume and incrementally ? [message #303681 is a reply to message #303679] Sat, 01 March 2008 23:21 Go to previous message
Mohammad Taj

You should use "DATAPUMP" expdp/impdp utiliity.
1. It is faster
...is there such thing as resume for exporting, for e.g if i stop or hang at this particular point, the next time i do a exp on the same schema again, it will resume at where i stop...
you can do it with EXPDP DATAPUMP utility.
Previous Topic: shifting database from Ms Acess to oracle 9i
Next Topic: Import analyse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 05:14:03 CDT 2024