Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Import related query!
Import related query! [message #304176] Tue, 04 March 2008 07:32 Go to next message
Muddassar
Hi,
I have been taking database imports through the SYSTEM password. After the import is completed, the password for the SYSTEM user is changed. As a result, i have to open a different session through SYSTEM before the import, so that i can change the passowrd back to the original one.
Wht does the password for the user(SYSTEM) changes ?
Re: Import related query! [message #304180 is a reply to message #304176] Tue, 04 March 2008 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
The only way to have a password changed is that someone changed it.

SYSTEM user already existed in all databases, so it keeps its password after import.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Tue, 04 March 2008 07:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Import related query! [message #305115 is a reply to message #304180] Sat, 08 March 2008 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Muddassar
But no one has changed it.
This happens everytime, i take an import.
I am confused with this behaviour.
Re: Import related query! [message #305117 is a reply to message #305115] Sat, 08 March 2008 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Explain when it changed.
In which database, source or target?
Was it the same in both databases?
Was is different?
What was it before import?
What is it after import?
What are your database character sets?
What are your NLS_LANG during export and import?

Regards
Michel
Re: Import related query! [message #305134 is a reply to message #304176] Sat, 08 March 2008 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkbhati

Dear Mudda,
The only basic requirement is to understand what you are doing. Do you believe that carrying User definitions from one database to another is worth unless you need them. A full export/import always includes User definitions and when you do an import your user definitions in target database are over written. It is not a good idea to do a full export/import unless you really need it and situation warrants it. Most DBAs use Export/Import as a backup tool and end up in classical situations like yours. A look into OracleŽ Database Utilities manual will tell you what goes with which mode of import/export. It is explained there in a nice tabular format. Hope you will go through it before attempting an exp/imp next time.

Regards

Manjit kumar [mkbhati]
Re: Import related query! [message #305385 is a reply to message #304176] Mon, 10 March 2008 10:39 Go to previous message
Muddassar
Yes, i think i need to go through the Oracle Database Utilities manual to gain an insight into this.
Thanks for pointing out the same Manjit Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 10 March 2008 10:40]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Problems importing
Next Topic: SQL*Loader-704: Internal error: ulconnect: OCIEnvCreate [-1]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 03:43:27 CDT 2024