Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » problem with purging cache automatically
problem with purging cache automatically [message #309616] Fri, 28 March 2008 03:05 Go to next message
mike2103
My problem is the following:

everytime I run my ETL to update the Datawarehouse, I also want to automatically purge the BI Cache. I make this by using the nqcmd.exe.

I run the following command in a batch-file:

nqcmd -d Analyticsweb -u Administrator -p myPassword -s purge_cache.sql

As long as I run this batch-file on the server (where BI is installed) everything is working fine.

But I have to run this file on the client, and this is not working, because the nqcmd.exe command does not know the BI-Servers IP. So my question is, if there is any possibility to change one of the parameters in this command, so that it knows, on which machine BI is installed.

I hope, someone can help me with this problem.
Re: problem with purging cache automatically [message #351570 is a reply to message #309616] Wed, 01 October 2008 10:53 Go to previous message
tlue
I'm not shure but perhaps you should define a DSN "Analyticsweb" on that client machine, that points to the correct server.
To define that ODBC-Connection you would have to be able to chose the Analytics-Driver -> if not accessible i.e. install the BIPublisher-Desktop-Tool (needed to define Reports in Word).
Previous Topic: Error when trying to Publish an FSG Report..
Next Topic: How to use OBI Answers reports in OBI Publisher
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:07:37 CDT 2024